It's a good thing that I love a Quick Fire knitting project. Especially when my husband has a special knack for losing my hand knits. My poor little peanut had his previous neck-warmer lost at an aquarium (on Dad's watch!) and I couldn't find a decent hat for him that winter. So having fallen hard for Misti Alpaca Chunky yarns, I knit him up a zippy quick little hat and neck warmer set. He loves it and wore it through the coldest days of Connecticut winters.


It's a basic hat pattern with a rib base. I added ear flaps from the hat pattern in Joelle Hoverson's
Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.
And here is a sad procession of hand knits my man has lost...

This vertically striped scarf was made with Aurora. It was a fun technique to try and looked really sharp. Unfortunately, this scarf was last seen in the New York City Area in March of 2008.

This cashmere (3 skeins worth!) scarf was last seen in May of 2008.
This matching neck warmer and mitten set was also knit in Aurora. The tiny mittens have been put away in the peanut's memory box. They have his initials embroidered on them. The neckwarmer was knit in a larger size as he was SUPPOSED to wear it for many more years to come. Unfortunately the neck warmer was last seen at the Maritime Aquarium in January of 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment