Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hot Lunch Bracelet

I received a notice home from Boo's 1st grade teacher providing her lunch account number for the year. It stated:

"Even if your child will have a hot lunch only one time this year, he/she will need to know her lunch number.
Please help your child commit this number to memory."


Boo only has hot lunch on fridays, pizza day, to give both of us a break from the usual. I could picture my confused little girl hungry and crying on the lunch line. She gets nervous in those situations, so I came up with this bracelet to help her remember her number. She picked out the colors and we added a star charm so she would read it left to right since some of the numbers may be misread upside-down. It gives both of us piece of mind and Boo a bit of fancy jewelry on Fridays.

No comments: